MCM Capital Partners is actively seeking investments in manufacturers of engineered thermoplastic components.
Seeking Thermoplastic Component Companies with these attributes:
- Sales: $10 million to $75 million
- EBITDA: $2 million to $8 million
- Gross Margins: +30%
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS 9100, ITAR
- Headquartered in the United States
- Utilizing non-commodity resins, including but not limited to:
- Ultra-Performance: Imide, PI, PBI, PAI, Vespel
- High-Performance: FEP, PEEK, PEI, PPSU, PSU, PVDF, PES, PET, ETFE, PTFE, ECTFE, PCTFE, PFA, Ultem
- Engineered: PC, PPO, TPU, PMMA, Nylon, POM, PET, PBT
MCM’s Thermoplastic Experience
- Performance Plastics performanceplastics.com, is a niche, technical custom injection molder focused on demanding jobs utilizing ultra and high performance plastics such as PEEK, Torlon, PTFE, Ultem, PFA and others. It serves the Life Science, Military, Aerospace & Defense, and Energy markets.
- RMB Products –rmbproducts.com, rotational molder, rotational liner, and laser sinterer of engineered thermoplastic products for niche applications serving the Biopharma, Semiconductor, Aerospace, and Chemical Processing markets.
- Dexmet – dexmet.com, manufactures precision expanded metals, foils and thermoplastics with exacting mechanical and electrical properties to meet very tight conductivity, weight and dimensional tolerances.
- Torsion Group – torsionsource.com, manufactures and distributes parts and accessories into the commercial and residential garage door market utilizing, but not limited to, these capabilities: thermoforming, injection molding, and extruding.
- MCM Senior Operating Partner, Mr. Harry Shimp, was VP of GE’s High Temperature Materials Division for 10 years and has operated companies in engineered ceramics, reinforced thermoplastic composites, precision optics, aerospace repair & overhaul, precision instruments, and photovoltaics.
- MCM Founder and Senior Managing Partner, Mr. Mark Mansour, is an active investor in thermoplastic companies leading the acquisition of Dexmet, RMB Products and Performance Plastics.
- MCM Board Advisor, Mr. William Carson, Jr. is President of Cutting Dynamics, a manufacturer of highly engineered metals and composites, including a thermoplastic composite production facility.
- MCM professionals actively participate in Plastics and Engineered Materials tradeshows including NPE, MD&M West, MD&M Minneapolis, MAPP and CAMX
- MCM has relationships with plastics executives who may act as an integral member of future plastics portfolio companies
Thermoplastic Industry Trends & Characteristics
- The introduction of engineered resins possessing unique properties such as lubricity, chemical inertness, corrosion resistance, and high strength is driving demand for thermoplastic components
- Growing end markets such as Aerospace, Defense, and Medical are accelerating the adoption of engineered thermoplastic components
- Advancements in processing technologies are permitting the economic manufacturing of complex components using highly engineered thermoplastic resins
- The complex nature of engineered resins and demanding tolerances create significant barriers of entry resulting in attractive gross margins
- The industry is fragmented with many relatively small manufacturers allowing for a “buy and build” investment strategy