MCM Capital Partners is actively seeking investment opportunities in companies manufacturing and distributing engineered products and components.
Seeking Engineered Component Companies with the following Attributes:
- Sales $10 million to $50 million
- EBITDA $2 million to $8 million
- Gross Margins: Manufacturers +30% or Value-Added Distributors +20%
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS9100, and/or ITAR
- Low-volume, high-mix runs maintaining tight tolerance and high precision
- Products that perform mission-critical functions in challenging end use environments
- Customer driven innovation offering differentiated and/or custom products for solving customers’ most difficult problems
- Technical expertise in design and engeineering
- Attractive markets and applications include: motion control, fluid power/handling, optics, aerospace, engines, seals, valves, filters, fittings, medical components, measurement and control instruments
MCM’s Engineered Components Experience
Andover Corporation, andovercorp.com, is a leading manufacturer of highly engineered, custom components and filters utilizing thin film optical coatings for aerospace and defense, semiconductor, environmental, medical device, astronomy and instrumentation industries.
Performance Plastics, performanceplastics.com, is a niche, technical custom injection molder focused on demanding jobs utilizing high performance plastics manufacturing tight tolerance and high precision parts. It serves the medical, military & defense, aerospace, and energy markets.
RMB Products, rmbproducts.com, acquired in 2010, is a rotational molder and laser sinterer of engineered products for niche applications serving biopharma, semiconductor, aerospace, and chemical processing.
Dexmet, dexmet.com, divested, manufactures precision expanded metals, foils and thermoplastics with exacting mechanical and electrical properties to meet tight conductivity, weight and dimensional tolerances.
MicroGroup, microgroup.com, divested, is a value-added manufacturer and distributor of small diameter stainless steel and alloy tubing, providing precision metal fabrications to medical and life science OEMs.
Aspex, aspex.com, divested, manufacturers proprietary analytical instruments for various industrial end markets. The Company has developed many application-specific software packages that automate certain highly repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
- Both MCM Senior Operating Partners, Mr. Harry Shimp and Mr. Greg Ott, are degreed mechanical engineers and have operated many highly technical component manufacturers.
- MCM Founder and Senior Managing Partner, Mr. Mark Mansour, has evaluated hundreds of engineered product and component companies and served on the boards of Performance Plastics, RMB Products, Dexmet, and MicroGroup.
- MCM maintains an expansive network with executives from engineered products companies and leverages this network to foster growth in our existing portfolio companies.
- MCM professionals attend the following tradeshows:
Attractive Industry Trends & Characteristics
- Niche products serving critical applications enjoy robust profit margins and greater customer loyalty
- Companies serving the aerospace, military & defense, power, medical, and biopharma markets are attractive due to the markets’ long-term growth potential and significant barriers to entry
- Large breadth of services and vertically integrated companies will benefit from OEMs reducing their supplier base